The 2022-23 Season kicked off with defending champions Chenango Forks taking on Chenango Valley/Windsor in a Friday night match up.
- Chenango Forks took the lead with goals by Wyatt Stasik (Kellen Mulesky) and Trent Williams (Tyler Hamlin).
- Chenango Valley/Windsor closed the gap with Max Devoe's power play goal.
- Final Score: CF 2, CVW 1
- Goalies: CF - Cole Kelly (10 shots), CVW - Stephen Chomyszak (27 shots)
Saturday was full of action with three games on the schedule.
First up, Union Endicott and Binghamton.
- Binghamton jumped out to a 6-0 lead, but UE followed up with 4 unanswered goals
- Tristan Ehrie (Binghamton) and Matt McHugh (UE) had two goals each
- Final score: Binghamton 6, UE 4
- Goalies: Binghamton - Shaun Behrens (20 shots), UE - Peterson Kressly (46 shots)
Maine-Endwell and Chenango Valley/Windsor lined up for the second game
- Maine-Endwell started out strong and led 6-0 heading into the third period. Each team scored two goals in the third period.
- Tanner Miller (ME) recorded his first high school hockey goal.
- Will Pipher (4 goals), Bryan Cook (3 goals, 2 assists), and Joe Burke (4 assists) led ME
- Jamier Kole and Ashton Werner had goals for CVW.
- Final score: ME 8, CVW 2
- Goalies: ME - Chris Kelly (19 shots), CVW - Joaquin Carlo (25 shots), Stephen Chomyszak (5 shots)
The final game of the night was between Elmira and Vestal.
- Elmira led 3-0 heading into the third period. Vestal got on the board in the third with their only goal of the game.
- Elmira's Owen Carpenter had two goals
- Bennett Snyder scored for Vestal
- Final: Elmira 4, Vestal 1
- Goalies: Elmira - Jacob Fifield (22 shots), Vestal - Ethan Davis (31 shots)
The league had three more games on Sunday to close out the weekend.
At SUNY Broome, Union Endicott faced Chenango Valley/Windsor.
- After a scoreless first period, UE pulled ahead 2-0 in the second. CVW got one back, but UE got one more to close out the game.
- Cooper Fallon (CVW) scored his first high school hockey goal.
- UE's scoring was led by Christian Macan (2 goals), Matt McHugh (1G, 1A) and Zander Perry (2A)
- Final score: UE 3, CVW 1
- Goalies: UE - Max Ray (25 shots), CVW - Stephen Chomyszak (17 shots)
Maine-Endwell traveled to Elmira for their second game.
- This was a back and forth game, with the score 3-3 heading into the third period.
- Elmira pulled ahead late in the third on a goal by Dean McLane.
- Bryan Cook led ME (2G, 1A) and Anthony Sergi added a goal and assist
- Matthias Menner had two goals for Elmira.
- Final: Elmira 4, ME 3
- Goalies: Elmira - Luke Mayfield (26 shots), Chris Kelly (26 shots)
The final game of the weekend was a matchup between Vestal and Binghamton.
- Binghamton wasted no time, scoring two goals in the first minute. Vestal added one more at the end of the first period.
- The second period was all Binghamton, while Vestal had the only goal of the third.
- Tristan Ehrie (2G, 1A), Nico Derigo (1G, 2A), and Dom Spencer (1G, 1A) led for Binghamton
- Aidan Ruhm and Nick Labosky added Vestal's goals
- Final score: Binghamton 5, Vestal 2
- Goalies: Binghamton - Shaun Behrens (24 shots), Vestal - Lee Mazzeo (50 shots)
To see a box score for each game, click on the game link in the calendar.